Sunday 5 June 2011

Health of body...

Right now I am feeling really good mentally. I love having two kids, I am thoroughly enjoying Richie's babyhood and all the things that go along with it. Especially breastfeeding again. I love breastfeeding! I am making new friends through the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) and connecting more fully with my community. 

Physically however, I feel pretty awful. My scalp aches every night- kind of like a headache... but just the scalp. I have pimples on my face that are taking ages to heal, I'm constipated some days, I have low energy and therefore am not exercising like I want to. The low energy also leads me to consume too much sugar and caffeine, which leads to me not sleeping well and thus the cycle is perpetuated. I am overweight again and it now feels really unnatural for me to carry around this much extra weight.  

Instead of moaning about how I feel, I have decided to make a list of all the things that make me feel crappy and all the things that give me vitality and energy. Hopefully getting these things written down will be a good reminder of how I want to live.

I'm interested in what gives you energy and zest for life?? Tell me in the comments..

So, here, in no particular order... a (by no means extensive) list...

I feel rotten when...
  • I don't get enough sleep
  • I eat a lot of processed foods
  • I drink more than one cup of coffee a day
  • I consume too many dairy products
  • I consume too much wheat
  • I don't move my body
  • I don't eat vegetables with at least two meals a day
  • I don't drink enough water
  • I try and cram too many things into the day
  • I don't take my multivitamins & fish oil
I feel awesome when...
  • I eat mostly unprocessed foods
  • I drink around 3 litres of water a day
  • I get plenty of sleep
  • I "work out" intentionally doing a mixture of weights & cardio at least 3 times a week
  • I get lots of incidental exercise by walking to kinder, shops, friend's houses etc
  • I remember to take my supplements
  • I eat piles of veggies
  • I avoid wheat and dairy where possible
  • I savour my one cup of good quality, brewed, fair trade coffee per day



1 comment:

Mrs Magoo said...

Love your lists! I can completely relate to them both. As for your question.... I think its hard to pin point sometimes.

I have lists of things I want to do and a clear view of where I want to be, who I want to be and how I want to impact the world and the people around me. That drives me most days in almost all the areas of my life. I want to be the best health and fitness role model I can be, I want to serve God to the best of my ability, I want to help the community and make a difference, Be an awesome wife, an awesome friend,there is so much lol

The crazy and exciting thing though is knowing that the plans God has for me, completely dwarf any plans I make for myself. They are bigger, better and more brilliant than anything I can even imagine. He showed me that when he blessed me with hubs and spud.... it was so not what I "planned" but it was what I needed and what has made me happier than I can imagine. So yep I make plans and that drives me and excites me in life, but the knowledge that they can go arse up because God has a better plan, makes getting out of bed every morning extremely exciting :o)

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...