About a week ago I missed an Aus Post delivery.. I LOVE receiving parcels but I HATE missing deliveries! I usually think.. "If only I had bloody well been home, then I wouldn't have to traipse down to the post office with the kids in tow and try to wrangle an awkward parcel". I usually take Richie in the Ergo and hope that whatever I am picking up fits into the pram. Fortunately, this time John was home and we could drop in to pick it up on our way through to visit Dad so I could forget all my regular frustrations and just enjoy the parcel receiving!!
I was SO excited when the disgruntled post office employee (no.. really.. he was awful!) passed a big box over the counter and it was my much anticipated Fisher-Price Rock N Play from Nuffnang!
|Aint it prrrdy?|
|John and his side-kick Molly rigging up the Rock N Play|
You can see in these photos above that it holds the baby in a semi-reclined position which Richie seems to prefer to lying flat on his back. It has a three point safety harness to hold the baby safely and I was able to do it up easily while he was sleeping without waking him up.
Here's a few "pros" I have identified with this baby-gadget..
- It's really pretty! I can't stand bright and garish baby products with dangly, loud, annoying bits and bright flashing lights that would give folks a seisure. This product is in lovely muted pastel yellow, blue and green and it's a simple rocker without bells and whistles.
- It has a pocket to pop little toys in.
- It comes with a cute bunny comforter.
- As I said before, it is semi-reclined which is good for refluxy babies and babes who don't like to lie flat on their backs.
- It can be easily rocked with a foot or knee.
- It is difficult to tip over. Molly is a very affectionate big sister and she can sometimes get a little carried away with her love. I was in the middle of telling her off for nearly tipping Richie over when I realised that the green stoppers on the bottom were doing a very good job of "stopping" the rocker from tipping too far forward. I shut up and let her love him up (he adores her!). I then tried to pull the rocker sideways and it was extremely hard to tip it that way too.
- It is very easy to fold up. You just press the buttons at the front and back and fold it flat!
- It's super compact and could be easily pushed under the bed or behind the couch and can be taken on holidays if you don't do the port-a-cot thing.
There's only one real "con" that I can think of and it is that the sides are very high and Richie can't see over them which means that he sometimes doesn't last as long in it as he might if he could look around and see a little more of what is going on.
All-in-all, I'm really pleased to own one of these and I am sure we will pass it on to someone who will love it just as much once we are finished with it.
Big thanks to Nuffnang
Product talk by Nuffnang