Wednesday 24 October 2012

The bolognese that blew my freaking mind...

I made bolognese yesterday... big deal! I hear you say..

But it was a big deal you see.. because it was GILL'S bolognese.. Gill from River Cottage. And Gill from River Cottage, I now realise, has the best bolognese recipe in the whole world.. Think I'm exaggerating??!

You must CLICK HERE right now and get this recipe for yourself! Because it was the best freaking pasta sauce I have ever consumed! It has a whole lot of lovely, healthy ingredients but I think the thing that made it so wonderful was the cooking time. I let it simmer away for nearly two hours. Like a bolognese stew really! We left out the booze because we had none and swapped the pancetta for short cut bacon. Even with those changes it was amazeballicious!


I SO wish I had taken a better picture but alas, we ate it all before I managed to snap a classy food-bloggeresque image to share. The River Cottage crew have a lovely, much more appetising image on their page which I could've stolen (and given due credit of course) but in the interest of being an ethical blogger, this crappy picture will have to do!

We ate the whole batch last night. John and the kids had theirs with spaghetti and I had mine poured over some blanched broccoli and cauliflower. I would've had the spaghetti usually but yesterday was "accelerator day" on the 12wbt and it was just as delicious with veggies.

***Quick brag***
I have now dropped 9.8kg in the 9 weeks I have been following the 12wbt plan!! Feeling much healthier and my head is so much clearer!!


3 comments:

ButterandBuntings said...

We might need to try this, as you sound VERY excited about it, and I know that feeling about food!

Unknown said...

You must come around so I can cook it for you!!

natasha brown said...

I love River Cottage. Spag Bol looks amazeballs. And good idea on having it with vegies. Yumbo.
Congrats on the 9.8 kg -you would be really starting to notice a change in pretty much EVERYTHING! (I found out tonight, I have lost 7.4 kgs in about 8 weeks. I almost cried.

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...