I almost can't believe I still need to blog about this stuff. I mean, I have been at my ideal weight (prior to pregnancy) and maintained it for over a year. Yet here I am once again not really knowing how to do what I need to do to feel awesome and healthy... When I say I don't know how to do it, I
guess know it's not really true. I know what I need to to. Actually doing it is another matter.
Right now I feel fat, a little frumpy, intermittently sad/down in the dumps and very very unfit. I am also acutely aware that most of these things are my own fault. I have not prioritised my health and as a result I have ended up staring up from the bottom of the hole I have dug myself into... I know I can change this because I have done it before. I know all my own excuses because I have heard them come out of my friends mouths at times when they were not in control of their lives. I have challenged them on these excuses and pretty much told them to make a plan to succeed and just do what it takes to get there. Yup.. I've said those things... And now I am saying them to myself.
"If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results"- Jack Dixon
So right now I am going to remind myself of the things that have worked for me in the past in an attempt to figure out a way to replicate those things and begin to feel better. I want to be more in control of my life.
Things I know:
1. I love weight training. It makes me feel like a freaking fitness queen and gets me great curvaceous results.
2. I need regular high intensity training. I hate running but when I do it I also get great results. Other classes like RPM are fun and give me the variety I need to keep interested.
3. My body does not handle lots of carbs. I have polycystic ovaries and some PCOS symptoms and eating a carb-loaded diet makes me crazy. My moods are affected and I just want to continue to binge on sugar and refined starchy foods.
4. Planning my meals ahead of time helps me to feel in control and stops me from making poor decisions in the heat of hunger.
5. I feel good when each meal contains a good balance of protein, low gi carbs and lots of fresh salad and veggies. I also know that nuts and flax seeds fill me up and keep me from wanting foods that make me crazy.
6. Fresh juices are the bomb and make me feel like I am drinking liquid sunshine/rainbows/vitamins... whatever.. I just know that I feel amazing when I drink green veggie juices daily.
7. I like to be surrounded by other people who face the same kind of struggles BUT who are achieving great results. I draw strength from other's success and I feel great sharing my own experiences from others.
8. I need to schedule in intentional exercise and make it non-negotiable. Otherwise it will not happen.
9. I need to get my hormones checked because I feel greatly influenced by them and it doesn't feel quite right.
I am going to leave it at nine points just to annoy all of you OCD type people.
Now I need to make a more detailed plan... back soon.