|Bored at work...|
For those of you who don't know, I am a Social Worker and I work in a residential psychosocial rehabilitation program for young people with mental illness. We work with people who have low-prevelance mental illnesses like bipolar, psychosis, schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, borderline personality disorder etc.
During the week, the residents utilise the staff to support them to work towards goals they have set themselves- like housing, employment, social aspects, community engagement, engaging with drug and alcohol services etc. But on the weekend the role of the staff (ie. me and my coworker) is quite different. As you can imagine, there is not much that can be done around those issues above so we focus on recreation and engaging in the community. But that depends on residents wanting to participate, and after a "big night" Friday night, on most Saturday mornings, "engaging" is not really at the top of the priority list for them... sleeping usually is!
So here I am, in the office by myself trying to think of something to do... One advantage to my role is that on quiet days when there are no residents around I am allowed to divert the phone to one of the mobiles, pop that in my bag and head out to do things I need to do... important things, like op-shopping.
So that's what I am going to do.
Quick preggie report:
- I am now (I think) 16 weeks along but am a little confused about dates... choosing not to care too much about that. Felt flutters last night- a mixture between a goldfish tail tickling me and a potato spinning around and bumping into the sides... scientific I know!
- Doing really well on my wholefoods diet. Yesterday I had;
- porridge with grated apple and a tsp of real maple syrup (drool!) for breakky
- A combo of three salads for lunch- beetroot, roast pumpkin and fetta with walnuts, lentil and pumpkin and a chickpea and bean salad which had broad beans too! Also had one rice paper roll as my "grain" to help me absorb the protein from the legumes.
- Japanese ramen for dinner- udon noodle soup with sliced seaweed, spinach, tiny fine mushrooms, beanshoots, and inari tofu. Also had 3 gyoza.. mmm
- Snacks were yoghurt and fruit (and a little bowl of low fat ice cream after dinner)
- I have been walking everywhere and feeling great for it. Yesterday I walked 7km in the rain to and from my local shopping centre to get my hair cut. I am thinking I might walk a few fun runs during this pregnancy. If anyone wants to join me please let me know.
- Have been doing prenatal yoga in the mornings. I saved a whole bunch of YouTube clips and have been using those.. Much cheaper than a class and I don't even have to get dressed... Okay, well.. I DO get dressed... but I don't have to!